Sunday, October 4, 2009

Maximum Ride by James Patterson

So far there are about 5 books in this series. It’s a little kidish at times because the age is for about 9 and up but it was probably one of the best books I’ve read. The girl Max is half bird and takes you with her as she tells her story. It’s very sarcastic and humorous with a little forbidden love. She has three brothers (not really but that’s what she calls them) and two sisters (again not really but they all live together) and they all have wings but different powers. The writing is very good; I’ve always loved Patterson’s books. He writes for both young and adult. If anyone would ask me what author I would recommend, it would be him! He’s a fantastic writer. Anyhow, so back to the book. It’s a very fun book and it keeps you wanting more. The first two books are for young readers but after the third, fourth and so on, it gets a little more grown up because the characters are growing up. Special Max and Fang (the oldest boy in their ‘family’) their relationship is serious at sometimes but then funny. My favorite character is probably the youngest bird kid, Angel. She is very innocent looking but is sly and very tricky. But this book does have its flaws. In the fourth book, I think it is, the main theme is Global Warming. It is saying how we’re killing world. It makes us look very bad. Not something I liked. It sometimes made me mad. So that’s why I’m only giving it a 3 out of 5. Still a great book for kids/boys/girls though.

I probably won't be able to write in here for a couple days. I have work and school. But the next book I will be reading and writing about is Hunger Games and the second book. Then after that I will read Seven Suns (first book) Thanks for reading!

~Jan's book blog~

1 comment: