Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon) by Christopher Paolini

Fourth book.
Third book.

Second book.


First book.



So, this book series were one of the greatest books I've read all my 16 years! I know, I know, that’s not many years but I seriously loved it! But, the first book, Eragon, Paolini was only 15 so the writing was a little amateur but as I started reading the second book Eldest, I noticed how his writing got so much more mature and older. I was very impressed. The characters were all great too. And well written. I liked Arya's relationship with Eragon. Their little 'crushes' for each other was cute. There was a little of romance in it but not to much it’s over powering the book. I also liked the bond between Eragon and Saphira. It was sweet and I loved Saphira's personality! Brisingr (third book in the series) was a little more graphic then I expected and a little drawn out at times but it made up for finding out some truths to Eragon and his real parents. These books made me laugh, cry, and wanting more! This series would be good for any age above 10 and for boys and girls. If you like dragons, mysteries, romances, and good characters, this is the book for you. Overall I give it a 4 out of 5. And I can't wait for th fourth book to come out. :)
Thanks for reading!
~Jan's book blog~




7 comments:

  1. Great review! I totally agree with it!

    Can't wait for more reviews! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will there ever be a 5th book added to the series?

      Delete
  2. Wow, I'll have to check these out. Wasn't the first one made into a movie? That was awesome :)
    _lizzie_

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the first was made into a movie, but it wasn't anything like the books lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The coolest thing about Christopher, I think, is that's he was home schooled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have the series and the last one isnt eldunari, it is inheritance. but yes, it's a great series. they botched the movie though, hoping someone will do a proper remake!

    ReplyDelete